Wednesday 24 July 2013

A Change of Direction

Over recent months my crafting has taken a change of direction. I am still paper crafting but sewing and knitting has been my main focus recently.

This is my most recent project the Mathilde Blouse made from a pattern from Tilly and the Buttons – you may have seen her on The Great British Sewing Bee.

017a019a020a016a

I am very happy with this top and the fabric was a bargain at £2 per metre from my fabric shopping expedition in Walthamstow with Holly.

I have also recently made this dress again with fabric from Walthamstow but this time only £1 per metre. Because it was such a bargain I bought 5 metres and I’m now wondering what to do with the remaining 2.5 m. Sorry for the rubbish photos – hubby and my smart phone are not a good combination!

20130630_12255220130630_122557 

My knitting projects have included;

yoga socks for my sister-in-law

phone pictures 462

And a short bolero cardigan for Holly to wear to a wedding with her vintage 1950’s prom dress

DSCF4006

I have a few other items still on the needles so there may be more photos soon.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Jeannie, I'm so glad you called by to see me, I'd missed your blog update! Check you out Twiggy! Strike the pose! You're looking gorgeous! Funny that I'm wanting to see again too, not made clothes since the children were little. LOVE your blouse, perfect! When are you sending Martin on his photography course;) he'll be wanting to take lots of his gorgeous trim mrs! X

Julie Wilson said...

Lovely dress and top jeannie. I too have started my material adventure although I'm not making clothes yet.xxx