Saturday 30 April 2011

Sketch of the Week

After a break from last weeks sketch  at Shimelle’s blog which was mostly due to lack of ink in the printer I’m back with a layout for this week.

Here’s the sketch

2005

And here is my layout

030

 

I have used some black and white papers from my stash, Bazzil Just The Edge and some red K& Co Paper. The title is made with lovely red felt American Crafts alphabet stickers – almost too nice to use and then I’ve added a few die cut and punched shapes.

The photography is me with a Charlie Chaplin look alike. I noticed him on The South Bank in London when we visited the London Eye last year. He saw me taking his photo and posed and then beckoned me over to stand with him and  for my husband to take the photos. Martin was laughing so much he had trouble even taking the photo!

Hope you are having a good bank holiday weekend if you are in the UK.  Tomorrow, weather permitting I am planning to go to The Sweeps Festival at Rochester so I’m looking forward to taking some photos of the Morris Men!

5 comments:

Heather said...

fun layout! :) love the splash of red with the black & white

Linda said...

Great page! A fun photo, and I love the B&W paper behind it, it's perfect! Just popping in from Shimelle's blog as I want to have a go at the sketch too:)

Sue U said...

LOL, love the photo, great papers to go with it, and great splash of red

Sue xx

Amy said...

I love the papers you have chosen and the title looks fantastic, it really compliments your page :-)

Julie Kirk said...

What a great photo! I love the look on both yours and Charlie's face!

Julie

p.s: Found your page via Shimelle's sketch challenge.