Wednesday 16 February 2011

Baby, Baby

This weeks challenge at Scrapbook Sisters is

 Baby Baby

Now this is a bit of a challenge for me as I think I have only ever made one baby card! We haven’t had any babies in our close family for nearly 12 years and none of my friends have had babies. I think perhaps we are getting towards the time that it’s the next generation that will be having the babies.

When it came to making a card for this challenge I realised that I don’t really have any baby themed stamps so something different for me this week as I used a die cut.

010

I got out my Cuttlebug machine and once I started cutting I couldn’t stop! All the circles and frames are cut with Nestabilities, the corners are a original Sizzix die – one of the little green ones and the teddy is a Sizzlets die which I bought a couple of years ago from the Stevenage Stamp Show – I found it in the bargain bucket and knew it would come in handy at some point.

011

I cut it once on a light brown card and then again on the pink spotty paper from which I cut out the pink t-shirt. I used Copics to add some shade under the edge of the t-shirt and on the feet to add some definition and also on the cheeks and ears. I then added a few touches with a black fine liner pen which really was not as fine as I would have liked I think I will buy one of the Copic fine liners from Scrapbook Sisters as they seem to be much finer. The final touch was to push out the eyes and nose and add a little piece of black card behind and a little spot of white pen to highlight.

Why not go and have a look at the Card Challenge at Scrapbook Sisters and join in!

No comments: