Sunday 31 January 2010

Challenge at Studio 101

The challenge for the 1st of January is to use;

- altered alphas

- fabric

- a symmetrical design

I found the fabric element quite difficult as I was originally going to use a white felt snowflake but realised that I have every colour of felt except white! - so I used 2 little strips of white muslin and pleated and stapled them. The alphas are chipboard which I have painted with white acrylic paint and then embossed with holographic embossing powder. I am not sure that my design is totally symmetrical but it gives the impression that it should be!

30th January 001

The photo is one I took of my daughter  in our garden in the snow.

2 comments:

lisa said...

Love how you've created the grid with all those squares. Really clever.
Thanks for joining in. Lisa x

Helena said...

Love those blocks!