Wednesday 4 March 2009

Family History

Some time ago I scanned most of the old family photos in my mum's photo album but it is only recently that I have started to use them in layouts. I decided to use a selection of K & Co papers that I won in a Scrapbook Sisters competition two years ago.
This first layout is of my mum (2nd from the left) when she had just started work. Her first job was working in a bank (as was mine). She was sent on a training course to Leamington Spa and as a young girl from a small village in Buckinghamshire it was the furthest she had travelled on her own in 1959. The photo shows her with some of the other girls who were also on the training course.

The second layout shows my great-grandfather William Holmes and his second wife Maggie Jess. They married in middle age after Williams first wife had died. Maggie had been a housekeeper at The Park in Stranraer and perhaps was a welcome addition to a widower with a young family.I made the title as a lift up flap with hidden journalling underneath.

This third layout shows (from the left) my Great uncle Stanley with his wife and then my grandma Dorothy and grandad David. Grandad and Stanley always got on well together and although Stan lived in Scotland and Grandad in the south of England they often spent holidays together.
Posted by PicasaI have really enjoyed making these layouts and intend to make some more with old photos soon - well as soon as finish off all the UFOs (unfinished objects) that are mounting up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely layouts Jennie. Its nice working with the old photos isn't it

karen said...

I can't believe how your style has changed since you did these layouts. Its great to look back. Lovely layouts Jeannie.