Thursday 8 January 2009

Christmas Layout

Now although I love Christmas I sometimes have trouble creating Christmas layouts but I completed this layout easily and quickly and I really enjoyed making it. I changed the photo from colour to sepia and then using Kelly Pannaci stamps from Sandylion I stamped a border in brown Stazon. The paper is by Magenta and I started by highlighting the Christmas baubles with glassy accents and with white glitter. I then outlined some of the background pattern with white gel pen to highlight it. I then added in a cluster Prima flowers and leaves, buttons, string, cotton lace, flourishes cut on the Cricut and some stamped journalling and embelishments. I hope you like it.

3 comments:

Roz said...

Beautiful Jeannie! I love the colour change of the photo, and I love how you outlined some of the paper leaf design.

Love Roz

Sally said...

Stunning layout Jeannie, and what a great family photo!

Totty Teabag said...

I think what I like most is that it doesn't scream "Christmas". The hints are there if you look at the photo, but the colouring is very subtle.